[About] [News] [Projects] [Behold, my stuff!]
My name is Sam Stevens. I’m a fourth year undergrad at THE Ohio State University, where I study Computer Science and minor in German.
I’m currently (autumn 2020) working on my honors undergraduate research thesis in natural language processing with Prof. Yu Su.
I’m applying to PhD programs in computer science with a focus on NLP research and looking for research internships and opportunities for the summer of 2021.
I previously worked on TicketBay with Salty Software and HealthyAgers with Dr Ruchika Prakash.
I’ve been lucky to intern at GE Aviation (twice!) in Cincinnati, study abroad in Dresden, Germany, and intern at Microsoft remotely.
- 11/2020: Won Best UI/UX and Buckeye’s Choice Awards at Hack OHI/O (as team
//todo) with an app to convert voice to code using BART, a custom language parser and a gorgeous React app by Garrett Morse. Video demo here.
- 05/2020: Internship at Microsoft (remotely)! Working on the Power BI team.
- 11/2019: Won Hack OHI/O for the 2nd time with an app to make text more accessible with OCR and text-to-speech.
- 06/2019: Starting study abroad program in Dresden, Germany!
- 05/2019: Awarded the Huntington International Fellowship!
- 04/2019: Honorable mention for best visualization at DataFest 2019!
- 01/2019: College of Engineering published an article about TicketBay!
- 05/2018: Internship at GE Aviation! Working in GE Digital on end-to-end testing frameworks.
- 06/2017: Internship at GE Aviation through Cincinnati’s INTERAlliance program.
Quiet HN: a simple Hacker News site, remade in the style of the original quiethn.com (no longer active).
img-alter: a program to add
alt attributes to
<img/> tags using MS Azure. (June 2020)
ubscrape: an Urban Dictionary scraper I built aimed at NLP research. (November 2020)
Airpods: a macOS app I published to connect/disconnect from your Airpods quickly. (September 2020)
HealthyAgers: a fullstack web application that I led the development of at Ohio State University. (June 2018 - Oct 2019)
TicketBay: fellow OSU students and I developed a mobile app for Ohio State University students to sell second-hand football tickets. (Jan 2018 - Jan 2020)
Behold, My STUFF!
Social media is a real problem. This website gives me a creative outlet without the pressure of likes, comments or retweets. I control all the content, all the styling, everything.
This website is my personal website. I’m not a person who takes myself very seriously. So this website doesn’t take itself very seriously either. It’s my stuff, not my CV.
[Relevant link] [Source]
Sam Stevens, 2020