[About] [News] [Projects] [Behold, my stuff!]
My name is Sam Stevens. I’m a Ph.D. student at THE Ohio State University, where I work in Computer Science with my advisor Prof. Yu Su. I finished my Bachelor’s of Science in Computer Science at Ohio State in May 2021 (and minored in German).
I’ve been lucky to intern at SpaceX in Seattle, intern at Microsoft remotely, study abroad in Dresden and intern at GE Aviation (twice!) in Cincinnati.
I also previously worked on TicketBay with Salty Software and HealthyAgers with Dr Ruchika Prakash.
- 08/2021: Paper on pre-trained language model interpretability accepted to the EMNLP 2021 workshop BlackboxNLP!
- 05/2021: Internship at SpaceX in Seattle, working on the Starlink team!
- 11/2020: Won Best UI/UX and Buckeye’s Choice Awards at Hack OHI/O (as team
//todo) with an app to convert voice to code using BART, a custom natural language to code neural model and a gorgeous React app by Garrett Morse. Video demo here.
- 05/2020: Internship at Microsoft (remotely)! Working on the Power BI team.
- 11/2019: Won Hack OHI/O for the 2nd time with an app to make text more accessible with OCR and text-to-speech.
- 06/2019: Starting study abroad program in Dresden, Germany!
- 05/2019: Awarded the Huntington International Fellowship!
- 04/2019: Honorable mention for best visualization at DataFest 2019!
- 01/2019: College of Engineering published an article about TicketBay!
- 05/2018: Internship at GE Aviation! Working in GE Digital on end-to-end testing frameworks.
- 06/2017: Internship at GE Aviation through Cincinnati’s INTERAlliance program.
Quiet HN: a simple Hacker News site, remade in the style of the original quiethn.com (no longer active).
img-alter: a program to add
alt attributes to
<img/> tags using MS Azure. (June 2020)
ubscrape: an Urban Dictionary scraper I built aimed at NLP research. (November 2020)
Airpods: a macOS app I published to connect/disconnect from your Airpods quickly. (September 2020)
HealthyAgers: a fullstack web application that I led the development of at Ohio State University. (June 2018 - Oct 2019)
TicketBay: fellow OSU students and I developed a mobile app for Ohio State University students to sell second-hand football tickets. (Jan 2018 - Jan 2020)
Behold, My STUFF!
Social media is a real problem. This website gives me a creative outlet without the pressure of likes, comments or retweets. I control all the content, all the styling, everything.
This website is my personal website. I’m not a person who takes myself very seriously. So this website doesn’t take itself very seriously either. It’s my stuff, not my CV.
[Relevant link] [Source]
Sam Stevens, 2020